WHO WE ARE
Association GARUKA is a Rwandan
National Non-Government Organization (NGO) whose name is a kinyarwanda word
that means "Come back". It was
founded by a group of women volunteers inspired by the existing and increasing
of children and youth problems following aftermath of Genocide against Tutsi,
in drug abuse, family conflict, foreign influences circulated by digital
technology (acculturation), youth unemployment, etc.
It was initiated for the first time in 2000 as
an informal group of women meeting sporadically to discuss their religious
mission and how it can contribute to the resolution of above current
disquieting Rwandan and worldwide socio-economic problems. The group strived to initiate some awareness
activities aiming at understanding more the raised problems and a decision was
taken to create a NGO named “Garuka” that was registered by RGB in 2015
Our Vision is to build a generation of empowered children & youth and put an end to vulnerability of children in Rwanda.
- Contribute to society's welfare,
- World without vulnerable children
- Seeing children enjoying equal rights,
- see children in a family without social and economic problems,
- help children grow socially and economically,
- To fight against children's psycho-social difficulties, etc...
- Building vulnerable children's futures,
- Bring back vulnerable children to normal life.